free html templates
Big Rig

Entry Level Driver Training (ELDT)

Individuals who obtain a commercial learner’s permit (CLP) on or after February 7, 2022 will need to complete this course before they will be permitted to take their CDL skills Test. Upon completion of this course your results will be submitted to the Federal database. Before providing any testing services, CDL Testing centers will confirm that the student has completed this course. At CTDS, we offer Class A, B, and Hazmat Theory Endorsements.

FMCSA Approved seal

FMCSA Approved
Approved Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Provider 

How to Become CDL Certified

  1. Sign-up - Registration is simple and only takes a few minutes. Call us at 254-751-1000
  2. Complete the course - Course consists of 20 classroom hours. Once you complete the course we report the completion to the FMCSA Training Provider Registry (TPR). You can then begin the behind-the-wheel training. 
  3. Physical - You must pass a pysical examination before taking the permit test.
  4. Permit Test - You must take and pass a written test at your local DPS office.
  5. Behind The Wheel - You must complete a certified Behind-the-Wheel course before proceeding to take the driving test at your local DPS office.

Who Has To Take This Course?

Hay Trailer

Hauling equipment over 26,001 Lbs?

Yes, Farmers and Ranchers hauling hay and equipment over 26,000 pounds are required to show completion of the ELDT Theory Course. 
CDL Exceptions: 
Farm vehicle drivers are exempt from CDL requirements if:
(1) Used to transport their own agricultural products, farm machinery, or farm supplies to or from their farm;
(2) Used within 150 miles of the person’s farm.
Examples include flatbeds and livestock carriers.

Recreational Vehicle Camper

Do you need a CDL to drive an RV in Texas?

You do not need a CDL to drive an RV in Texas, but you will, however, need a Non-CDL special licence. This means that to drive an RV that weighs over 26,000 lbs you will need a Class B license, and to drive multiple vehicles (e.g. when towing) with a combined weight over 26,000 lb you will need a Class A license.

Car Hauler

Commercial Product Haulers

The federal government requires you to hold a CDL to drive any commercial vehicle – any vehicle owned by a company or registered for the transportation of products or passengers. You need a Class A commercial driver's license to operate any combination of vehicles with a Gross Combination Weight Rating (GCWR) of 26,001 pounds or more, in which the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of the vehicle(s) towed exceeds 10,000 pounds. If you hold a Class A CDL, you're also allowed to operate Class B and C vehicles. You need an H or X endorsement to transport hazardous materials.

Examples include tractor-trailers, tractor-trailer buses, flatbeds, livestock carriers, double and triple trailers and tanker vehicles.

School Bus

School Bus Drivers
a Class B CDL is required before you can drive a school bus. To obtain this you must complete the ELDT Theory course as the first step.